|Isn't this logo pretty?|
According to the Kreative Blogger rules, as a nominee, I have to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated me for the award and provide a link back to their blog.
- List 7 things about myself that reader might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links to their blogs and let them know.
7 things about me:
- I tend to name my cats after literary characters: Sherlock, Moriarty, Duncan (okay, so this one was partly historical inspiration and partly from Macbeth), and Darcy. I did not name our little black cat - the poor girl is named after an NHL goalie.
- I participated in an archaeological dig in Tuscany during my undergrad. I returned to North America drinking red wine, eating black olives, and thinking rabbit was rather tasty.
- No one at work can read my handwriting, so I feel badly for my critique partners, who have to decipher my scribbles on their pages. Sometimes I re-write comments - trying very hard to be conscientious of my letters - and they are still illegible. (My elementary school language arts teacher would be mortified.)
- I jumped out of a plane... once. Yes, I had a parachute. I was fine when it happened, but woke up in the middle of the night about a month later with one loud and vivid thought: "What the hell was I thinking?"
- I used to sit at my kitchen table to write, staring blindly out the big picture window as I typed. I'd become lost in my character's world and often didn't see my neighbors when they waved at me. I'm pretty sure they thought I was spying on them.
- I wrote most of my university essays with Mozart's Requiem playing in the background. That CD can still get me focused more quickly than anything else, and I use it occasionally when writing fiction to jump-start my brain.
- I have recently realized that I'm more of a Star Trek nerd than most people I know. I had no idea until I started following George Takei on Facebook and tried sharing his posts with other people - it is just no fun when you have to explain why something is funny. Then again, those same people give me a similar look when I talk about Harry Potter jokes. Hmmm...
7 other bloggers I'd like to nominate:
- Kate Warren, writer
- Zee Monodee, writer
- Carmen DeSousa, writer
- Wildcat's Wife, writer
- Lea Griffith, writer
- Donna Cummings, writer
- Teresa Cypher, writer