posts, click here!
In the past, I have asked for some wacky things on my Christmas list. Alas, I don't usually receive things like office supplies, but I thought I'd put together a short list of some gift ideas for writers!
- A laptop with a common word processing program (I'm starting big!)... or maybe a tablet with a keyboard. Yeah, that could work too.
- Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (Okay - not all writers will want this, but it has come in very handy!)
- A printer that can shoot out prints quickly and use very little ink, which leads us to...
- Several packages of ink for the printer
- A box of letter sized paper (8.5 x 11)
- Coil notebooks. Not too big and not too small - think like Goldilocks.
- Pens! Colored pens! Blue pens! More pens!
- Highlighters in every color
- Sticky notes of almost every size: big, small, square, circle, flags... Well, you get the idea.
- Gift certificates for a massage. We spend a lot of time slouched over a computer.
- Gift cards for bookstores (For research and fun!)
- Gift cards for coffee shops (We need our caffeine!)
- Chocolate (We need our rewards!)
- A space to write (Can you help convert a corner into a writing space?)
- Time to write (Maybe arrange things so the writer has uninterrupted time to write)
- Encouragement, Celebrations and Incentives! (I always keep a bottle of sparkling wine on hand. I like to hear the pop when I reach a big milestone.)
- Writing reference books like: The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi,
- And... Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maass,
- And... Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies by Leslie Wainger,
- And... Don't Sabotage Your Submission by Chris Roerden.
- Money toward hiring an editor (regardless of whether your writer wants to indie publish or traditionally publish, an editor is great!)
- Money toward a book cover if your writer wants to indie publish... SelfPubEbookCovers.com is a place to start
- A membership to a local writing group like Alberta Romance Writers' Association
- Registration to a writing conference like When Words Collide (did you know Diana Gabaldon will be there this year?)
- A subscription to a writing magazine like Writer's Digest
While you are here, scroll down a little and you'll see a Rafflecopter contest! I'm giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card - so you should enter and maybe you'll win it! :) The winner will be announced on December 20th!
What did I miss? What would you love to get for Christmas?